понеделник, 13 юни 2011 г.


Super foods





When I started to eat healthier I found a lot of super foods I haven’t heard before and now they are constant part of my meals. Some of them I put in my smoothies, others in my salads.
So here I will introduce you to my favourite super foods.

Goji berry

Can you believe that these small berries provide the body with more vitamin C than oranges, more beta carotene than carrots and more iron than steak portion?

They are a good source of vitamins of group B and antioxidants, which prevent harmful effects of free radicals damaging cells in the body. They also take care of your skin, heart and immune system.
Godji Berry is a good adaptogen - adaptogens
strengthen the human body and help it cope better in stressful conditions.
You have to eat between 10 and 30 gram per day only.
You can always add some in your smoothie, musli etc…

Chia seeds

They are just great!
Chia seeds are easy to digest, and at the same time make you feel full, but this is because they absorb 10 times their weight in water.
It is actually the richest plant source of Omega 3 fatty acids - containing more of them than salmon. Chia also reduces your blood pressure.

So many reasons to eat chia seeds. You can add 2 tea spoons in your smoothie, musli or to make some nice healthy recipes that I will publish later.

Hemp seeds
 Going vegan could be a huge step and if you are like me, you can find yourself wondering how to manage eating enough protein.
Here it comes hemp seeds! For me they are very delicious, I can eat them just like that with a tea spoon but I usually add them in salads or again in my breakfast or make hemp milk.
 Why is good for me?

They contain a great source of protein; good unsaturated fats which help lower your blood cholesterol, Omega 3, Omega 6, high in magnesium, Vitamin E and chlorophyll.

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар