събота, 1 октомври 2011 г.

Raw, vegan birthday cake

Hello everybody,

It has been a while since I posted anything on my blog but the summer has been too tempting to stay in front of the computer. The fall is here so I am back on track with new recipes and new ideas for healthy living which I have experimented with during the summer.

I know this recipe from a friend of mine - Desi, who brought it from India.
Thank you Desi J
It is so easy to make and so much more delicious from the cakes you buy from the shops.
Since I tried it I have always made it for special occasions and for me…
Everybody asks every time for the recipe J
I make a big one for birthdays or other occasions and I use half of the portions to have it for me at home.

So here is what you need:

For the base:
300 gr nuts (it could be any kind single or mixed – almonds, walnuts, cashews etc.)
400 gr dry fruits (it is better to use dry apricot and dates, or only dates)
2-3 tea spoons of cinnamon
A bit of rum or cognac, if you want to

For the cream:
2 soft avocados
½ tea cup of Cacao
½ tea cup of honey or agave

And 2 bananas to put between the two layers and different fruits to put on the top for decoration:


Put the nuts in the blender and mix them well.
Soak the dry fruits for half an hour and cut them in small pieces or …again in the blender
Then mix the dry fruits and the nuts and knead them as if it were dough. You can add a little rum or cognac if you want to.

Now you have a mixture like dough and you can split it in 2 for the two bases you need.
Put the first base in the cake tray and push it well to cover the bottom well.
Cut the bananas in circles and cover the first base. Then put the second layer of the “dough” on top and do the same as with the first layer of the cake.

It is time for the cream.
Mash the two soft avocados very well, I do it with a fork or put it in the blender.
Then add the cacao and the honey or agave.
How much honey or agave you will put it really depends on your taste.
Some people prefer it more like a dark chocolate – so you put more cacao and taste; some people prefer it more like a “milk chocolate’’ so you put less cacao and more agave.

At the end, decorate with season fruits….raspberries, strawberries, bananas….

Enjoy! You will impress everyone with this recipe and no one will ever believe how healthy it is. J




Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар